(1) Every company shall keep at its registered office a register of its directors and officers, including the chief executive, company secretary, chief financial officer, auditors and legal adviser, containing with respect to each of them such particulars as may be specified
(2) Every person referred to in sub-section (1) shall, within a period of ten days of his appointment or any change therein, as the case may be, furnish to the company the particulars specified under sub-section (1).
(3) Every company shall, within a period of fifteen days from the date of appointment of any person referred in sub-section (1) or any change among them, or in any of their particulars, file with the registrar a return in the specified form: Provided that this sub-section shall not apply to the first appointment made at the time of incorporation of the company.
(4) Any contravention or default in complying with requirement of sub-section (1) or sub-section (3) shall be an offence liable to a penalty of level 1 on the standard scale.
(5) If the name of any person is fraudulently or without sufficient cause entered in or omitted from the register of directors of a company the person aggrieved or the company, may apply to the Court for rectification of the register of directors.
(6) The Court may either refuse the application or may order rectification of the register on such terms and conditions as it may deem fit and may make order as to costs.
(7) Where the Court has passed and order under sub-section (6) that prima facie entry in or omission from, the register of directors the name or other particulars of any person, was made fraudulently or without sufficient cause, the Court may send a reference for adjudication of offence under sub-section (8) to the court as provided in section 482.
(8) Anyone who fraudulently or without sufficient cause enters in, or omits from the register of directors the name or other particulars of any person, shall be punishable with imprisonment for a term which may extend to three years or with fine which may extend to one million rupees, or with both.
(9) When it makes an order for rectification of the register of directors in respect of a company, the Court shall cause a copy of the order to be forwarded to the company and shall, by its order, direct the company to file notice of the rectification with the registrar within fifteen days from the receipt of the order.
CEO Every Company
Company Secretary (Public & Single Member Company)
CFO Public Listed Companies
Auditor Upto 1 Million Paid Up capital
Legal Adviser Upto 7.5 Million Paid up capital